Welcome to Muckdogs Baseball
The Muckdogs Baseball Club is a twelve team organization based out of Northern Nevada. Our program offers baseball training and instruction for athletes from ages nine to nineteen.
The Muckdogs Goals
- Emphasize to our athletes the importance of being good students and good citizens
- Prepare all players for the next level of baseball
- Have as much fun playing baseball while competing at very high level
Muckdogs In The News
- Adam Whitt gets drafted in 16th round by Houston Astros (2015)
- Daniel Perry was taken in the 13th round by the Toronto Blue Jays (2015)
- Conor Harber drafted by Milwaukee Brewers in 16th round (2015)
- Cody Anderson to make Major League Debut (2015)
- Spencer Jones drafted in 10th round by the Tampa Bay Devil Rays (2016)
- Christian Stolo signs as Free Agent with the Los Angeles Dodgers (2016)
Muckdogs 2017 9U Tryouts
- The Muckdog Baseball Club is looking for players that are league age 8 or 9 (born on or after May 01, 2007) for our 9U team to fill out our respective 9U and 10U rosters for the upcoming 2017-2018 season. Currently we have seven, league age 8 year olds on our 9U team and thirteen, league age 9 year olds. This means we will need to recruit players for both the 9U and 10U age groups as August approaches to.
- Our 9U club has a great environment for kids to learn the game at a high level, while also being a lot of fun for the players participating. Our new “recruits” class comes out to Sunday practices at Golden Eagle, and gets to practice with our current 9U team.
- Individual tryouts can be arranged by contacting Coach Bret Pagni at 775.843.5172 or Click to E-Mail
Muckdogs 12U Team Looking To Add Players For The 2017 Spring/Summer Season
The Muckdogs Baseball Club is looking for players who are currently league age 12 (born on or after May 01, 2004) to help bolster our 12U team’s roster.
Individual tryouts can be arranged by contacting Bret Pagni at 775.843.5172 or Click to E-Mail
Looking for 16U And 18U Recruits For The 2017-2018 Fall/Winter Season
2017 Muckdogs Tournaments
The Muckdogs Baseball Club will host two tournaments for the 2017 summer season, consisting of 17U and 19U age divisions.
- 2017 Muckdogs Pre-4th of July Tournament (June 22-25)
- 2017 Casey Yocom Invitational (June 29-July 2)
2017 Muckdogs 19U Summer Team
2017 Muckdogs 17U Summer Team
Our Commitment to the Next Level
The Muckdogs Baseball Club works hard to get high school baseball players to the next level. Our 2016 19U roster had seventeen student-athletes that graduated high school this past June that are moving on to play college baseball. As these players start reporting to their respective colleges, on behalf of all of the members of the Muckdogs coaching staff, we would like to congratulate these players and their families. We look forward to helping the next group of graduating seniors find homes at solid academic institutions where they can extend their playing careers. Below is a link to our 2017 signing class:
- 2017 College Commitments
- Northeastern St. Baseball Head Coach Endorses Muckdogs Baseball Recruiting
- Youngstown St. Baseball Praises Muckdogs Baseball and Value To Community
Testimonial To Our Commitment
Hey Bret. Its Milo the manager of the 9u Morros. I just want to say that I enjoy watching you coach your kids. The detail and the want that you get out of your kids is amazing. Great job man. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing you down the road at a tourney. Thanks for your time, Emilio Lopez
Hi Bret, Just wanted to pass along a note to you regarding this past weekend’s tournament in Sparks. I’m the pitching coach for the 11 U Morgan Hill Assault team that played you in the championship. Your team has a great bunch of kids that are talented, have great attitudes, and play the game the way it should be played. That’s a tribute to you, your organization and the coaches of that team. It’s not often at this level that you see a travel team that combines all the intangible things needed for success and growth. Most of the time it’s just a team thrown together to get a trophy. In shaking their hands after the game, not one player was down, they all kept their heads up and greeted us with class and dignity. The coaches as well. That tells me they are good kids being taught to be gracious in victory and defeat. In short, you have a first class program with good coaches, committed parents and kids that have a passion to enjoy the experience of baseball. It was a pleasure to play you guys and we look forward to seeing you again In the future. Rich Taylor Morgan Hill Assault 11U
Hi Bret, I want to finally extend my sincere appreciation to you and your organization for the impact you have had on our son. I remember very clearly the day Cian and Tucker (Scozzafava) came home from a winter camp together and said that they were invited to try out for the Muckdogs. Cian was already a nut about baseball, but getting the opportunity to play for the Muckdogs was a dream come true! The past three years have been awesome. Our life in Northern Nevada has revolved around baseball. Most of our friends and family think we are crazy, but the joy that the game brings Cian and the fun we have had as family watching Cian and his teammates grow-up is immeasurable.
Your commitment to excellence and to the standards of your organization are what set you apart. The rigidity, the rules, the code of conduct, the two hour parent/player meetings and the occasional required Starbucks meeting (thankfully only one for us!) are not for everyone, but we wouldn’t have it any other way. Sure we had our moments of .. “Is Bret really serious…..?!?”, but in the end, this is what we signed up for and what we expected and it’s a huge contributor to the success our son has enjoyed on and off the field.
Thank you for your passion and commitment. I know you deal with more drama, whining, complaining, politics and discontent that we ever care to know, but you don’t carry it with you on the field. You are tough on the kids, but somehow you manage to craft your leadership in just the right way to build character, IQ, love and respect for the game. Cian will carry this experience with him for a lifetime. I hope he continues to play baseball for as long as he loves the game, but even if he doesn’t, I know the lessons he learned as a Dog will carry over to everything he does.
Best of luck and continued success! We’ll be following the Muckdogs for a long time to come! We’ll send Cian back to you for summer ball when he’s 16!